Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Supporting our troops overseas


Good Afternoon:

Funny – we are in July already – where did the time go?

I know many of you are supporting flood relief in southern Alberta and we are grateful you are.  However, this year I am again supporting our troops overseas by contributing to Operation Santa Claus and I need your help. The deadline for donations is August 30, 2013.

Whether they are serving in Afghanistan or on a peacekeeping mission or at a distant Arctic post we work to see that each and every service person (over 1600 of them) gets a present from Operation Santa Claus (an official part of the Canadian Armed Forces). These special packages bring a feeling of home to those serving in remote locations and overseas.

For many members of the Forces the Op Santa Claus gift is the only one they will receive on Christmas Day. For others, the treasures they find in the boxes will be given out to children on patrol routes and at orphanages and hospitals across the globe.

I am asking you to help by donating new personal items like tube socks (a particular favourite) or company branded items that are no longer current. (wondering what to do with the shirts from last year’s golf tournament? Now you know!) or items like playing cards and board games.

Items must be into Operation Santa Claus by August 30 so they can make the long trip to Afghanistan and other remote locations in time for December 25.

I am gathering up the donations here in Southern Alberta. Let me know what you might have and I will see it gets to our troops. If you are not from Southern Alberta I will put you in touch with the right people.

Thanks in advance for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.